Saturday, December 6, 2008

Letters from Roy, Forts of Malaya.

Dear Tan.

It's with me have a few Wow ! ( as you put it ) type of douments about the little known jungle forts , and other docs, together with historical photographs of jungle forts , plus my self having having been commander of one, allows me to write, giving a first hand account aboutthem. Why don't I fly to Malayasia ? I just packed my rucksack with six day rations , camping equipment, map compass ( no GPS ) Automatic, ammo, handgrenade and other accoutrements, weight 75/80 kilos, that's the weight we were saddled with when being a long jungle operation. So I will RV with your self and and Forest Gan at MR 383 827 time and date to be confirmed !!! I've not been back to Malaya since I left in late 1960. Should I ever return ,it would be to take back a blowpipe along with its quiver of posion arrows. The brief story. When in Fort Brooke Mentri Awol the headman of the Temiar tribe whose ladang was just across the river. Mentri and I would often meet , to discuss things, through this he and I became friends and his Tribe came to accepted me. When I departed the fort and called at his ladang to say my goodbyes ,and for helping me, Mentri handed me his personal blowpipe , saying take it, keep it, so it will alway remind you of the jungle people who looked after you . With the blowpipe being on the wall of my room, I'm reminded of the jungle folk as I write this email . When they hear the full story , and the circumstances behind it, people tell me 'The Return of The Blowpipe ', would make an interesting TV documentary. With this in mind,I've for ages being trying to find a Malaysian TV documentary/film making company, but so far I've be unable to find any. So should you happen to know the email address of any Malaysian TV Doc /film makers I would appreciate it if you would please let me know. Are there Big Foot ( Mawas, I think the Malay name is for it ) in the Hutan ? Thanks Best wishesRoy.

No comments:

Followers

penantongtana