Monday, December 8, 2008

Letters from Roy Follows : part 4


Dear Tan.

Many thanks for the photgraphs /map and the emails address of your friends you suggest I should contact . This I will do in the next couple of days .The email addresses you kindly give me were a Mr Goh and Camera Ken ( I like it ) and also bookuan@tm.net my .

With regards to the last EM address , Tada nama Lah! So could you please give me the person name and give me some idea of what are his interests, ie kaki jalan Hutan ? so I know how to approach him .

That is an excellent photograph of the stone, giving a brief description of Fort Kemar, it's just the sort of thing I'm after thanks .

Here in the UK, there's only now two ex fort commander alive and kicking , that is myself and a friend of mine. But with us far away from each other I've not seen him for years. This friend of mine was the Police officer in charge of building Fort Kemar At the time 1952/53 he was with a police jungle company based in Ipoh. He and his platoon along with a small unit of the SAS, made their way miles up the Sg Perak where he found a suitable site and useing only rudimentary tools Fort Kemar was built. So Fort Kemar was mainly built by the Malay Police, but with help from a small of the SAS. More about Ft Kemar and Ft Brooke .

In your last email you give me the impression that these two forts are not too far away from each other by road. I could be wrong, but I cant see how this can be, when Fort Brooke is in Kelantan North of The Camerons and Fort Kemar is postioned to many miles away.to the north. The first jungle fort to be built was Fort Iskander ( Kg Aur ) It's in southern Pahang but because of its geographical postion it came under Johore .

Thanks again for you help Jangan lupa lah! Jaga baik hantu,dan Mawas delam hutan . Awak tahu Mawas ? Dia makan orang.

Best wishes


Roy.





No comments:

Followers

penantongtana