Saturday, December 6, 2008

Letters from Roy Follows, Forts of Malaya.

Dear Tan .

Further to my email of today . Rucksack weight Kilos? to read Ibs 70/80 not kilos,sillap lah ! 70/80 Ibs is about 35kilos, so you can see we were burden down like pack horses.
Roy.



Dear Tan.

with regards to 'The Return of the Blowpipe, to the headman Mentri Kechil,( and his tribe ) who I remember ,and is the son of the late Mentri Awol who presented his/the blow pipe to me , I have at your suggestion emailed Lina Tan. Yes I've approached Colin of COAC, to see if he can provide me with anything about todays jungle forts. Up to about twelve months ago I was in contact with an young English lady who had something to do with the OrangAsli Dept, but I've not heard from her for months , so I don't know what's happend to her - perhaps she's left there. I'm in contact with former Malysian Police Officer who lives in KL and was a Fort Commander during the emergency who'se been most helpful , but sadly he no photogrphs of any of the that are still going today. So you see I'm trying every where to obtain photographs of the modern day forts of which there must be many about somewhere .Having read Forest Gan article I would think he may have some. So if happent you contact him point him to my direction . Tell him I wont tease him about where he writes in his interesting article about how 'heavy' is rucksack was -honest.

ThanksRoy.

No comments:

Followers

penantongtana