Saturday, December 6, 2008

Forts of Malaya. By Roy Follows.

Thanks for giving me you gmail.

Please find attached four more photographs of Fort Brooke. 067 Self with a few Temiar Headman from the the local tribes .031Out side my shack, making friends with Temiar children. 109Guard Room Fort Brooke. 296 Helicopter bringing in a generator for the wirless communication set, so to keep in contact with the outside world.

The helicopter is a 'Dragon fly', it was only small and they were the first to be used in Malaya. Later bigger helicopters arrived inMalaya of which I also have photographs of them in the Fort. So you see I have photographs of the fort how it used to be, I'm now looking to obtain photographs how the forts is today, so if you can help me with this I would be more than pleased. I think I saw one on your website , a photograph showing the school at Fort Brooke where the people on some expeddition had slept. It takes some believing, but just think about it. It was me, who organised the building of the first shool in Fort Brooke for the Temiar kids . We built it out of bamboo and atap , and Malaya Policemen of the forts garrison taught the children. I have a photograph some where of this 'shool' which shows the date over the door way , as 1stJanuary 1955.

No comments:

Followers

penantongtana