Friday, December 12, 2008

Letters from Roy Follows: part 6.

Dear Tan.

Ref Fort Kemar .Thanks for translating the words on the stone for me. You question REC ? Perhaps the tukang batu was a little mabok at the time , and instead of chiselling out REG which is short for Regiment , but with his kepala pusing he did REC instead .

More on Fort Kemar. I think I mentioned before, that a police friend of mine was in charge of the building and establishing Fort Kemar and the fort was built mainly by men of the Malay Police Force of No 20, Police Jungle Company, and with only a small unit of the British SAS = Special Air Service Reg . So to put the record straight and give credit where it's due, ie to the Royal Malaysian Police , the tukang batu ( tadak mabok) should by rights bikin lagi batu.

It's most kind of you and gratefully appreciated by me, of you inviting me to register /sign up for gmail, but like the tukang batu , my kepala pusing pusing, but through trying to work my computer and not through minuman lah . So because of not being a whizz kid at the magic machine, I reluctantly will have to decline your kind offer.

Thanks again

Best wishes

Roy

No comments:

Followers

penantongtana