Friday, December 16, 2011

Salyndra - Penan Nursing report 2011


Hi, I'm Salyndra Anyta Stephen. When I write this report, I'm now in second year doing my Diploma in Nursing at SEGi college in Kuching. First at all, I want to thanks to the many sponsors who was helped and support me and my friends. Without you all I'll not be at this ranked. Once again, Thanks all.

The first thing I would like to tell is, all about my experience to being here in Kuching from the beginning until today. I was came to Kuching on August 2009. I didn't know how I felt...some happy, excited, scared and more because most in open media, there was a lot of undesirable things in the city like Kuching. But thanks God, I can adapted until today. First day in college,I was quiet uncomfortable. A lot of people that I didn't knew and must to faced everyday. But nowadays, I can see the changes on my own. I make a lot of friend in college, church, during my practical at hospital and even with people outside there. At college and hostel, I make a lot of friend. Especially with Iban friends. I learnt their language...and sometimes their laughed on me because I can't pronounce well in their language. I ever went to their village...it very interested. Their asked me to take alcohol called " Tuak" but I can't, because it's not good for our health... That was a lot of  experience with iban people that I can't tell more.

About my life in college, my friend and me walked by foot go to college everyday. I ever repeated 2 subject in Semester 2. RM500 per subject and it paid by deducted from PTPTN loan. This two subject quite difficult for me. It's all about bone, count the drip..drive me going crazy to remember the name and type of the bone...hehe. But thanks God i was pass my exam. About hostel..hostel fees is paid by deducted from PTPTN loan. RM180 each/month.
We will buy our groceries by our own pockets money.

After Semester 4, I went to practical at GH in Kuching,Srwk for 2 months for Clinical Posting 1. First day in hospital, it was not so bored but more excited because in the college we just practice with the dummy and at hospital I need to faced with real patient. Sometime, make me so scared to do any procedure of nursing. One thing that I can't forgot is my friend and me who was a Iban girl, was helped a patient who was just came back from surgery. This patient not able go to toilet. So, my friend and me helped him to BO(bowel open) or defecate with support him to sat on bedpan on the bed...hehehe..I didn't know how to tell about the smell... After him finished B.O(bowel open), I ran to the toilet, and my friend followed me from the back. I was vomited in the toilet and my friend who was with me laughed on me...hahaha... so smelly what...
During my CP2 on August 2011, When some patient want to B.O I will asked other friend to help them...hahahaha..BAD Girls. sometime I need to because pity on them..hehehe and also my job to help people..hehe. After 2 months I was went for my OSCE, I was pass and got A for that. Nursing is so difficult but very interesting for me. I love nursing even though I don't like it before. It's a honourable work, my friend said and not me...hahaha

Finally, i would like to wish you all MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR. Thanks again to all sponsors and for those who was helped my friend and me and May God Bless You All.
                                                                                                   Report created by,
                                                                                               SALYNDRA ANYTA

No comments:

Followers

penantongtana