Friday, June 27, 2008

Report on Long Adang visit by Dominic, Jun 08










Hi friend,

Ya, in fact I didnt forget to tell you bits of my last trip to Adang except that I was quite busy and too tiring after the trip. Limbang to Adang are only link by logging roads (bumpy, muddy and dusty) where on some loction is very steep and hilly.

Well my last trip seems very fantastic and informative. I was there to facilitate a community organising and leadership meeting. It was attended by the leaders from 6 viiages including the nomadic from Ba Medihit. I facilitate the leadership meeting where all the leaders from the six villages express their concerned with the present land issues problems.

Apart from that they also discussed conflict between the villagers on certain issues (internal) where in the end we could see them shaking hands with each other as "Forgive and Forget".

Regarding the statistic or villages population I not very sure but on papers we have a statistic as follows;

Lg. Adang; 24 families (Tk Kayan Itik)
Lg. Keneng: 13 families (Tk Oyan Ngang)
Lg. Gita: 8 families (Tk Aweng Tevai)
Ba Nyakit: 6 families (Tk Along Sega)
Ba Peresek: 18 families(Tk Selai Sega)
Ba Medihit: 7 families (Tk Peng Megut)

These people are in and out of their original village (today you see him/her in one village and tommorow you see him/her in another village) About seventy percent of the total population are people below 30 yrs old.

I was told by the driver (Nyengat) that you are planning to go there on 27th June (I was confused bcos in your email I saw 27th September) and he told the people in Adang about it. But I didnt tell any body about it yet during my stay there as I was not very sure and also after your failed trip last month.

But anyway its still a long way to go (September) where we can relay the message about your trip. You have to tell them about your specific visit (what and why) so that they can decide whether to wait for you or not bcos they have other chores to do (hunting and looking for sago). At the moment they are facing food problem and they have to look for wild sago to depend on.


Make sure that you make appointment or make sure that they will wait for you at the road side and from there they will carry your luggage to the village which is about one hour walk to reach Lg. Adang. You have to reach the end of the road by at least 4 pm. But if you knows the way or have some guide from Limbang there's no problems. But remember NOT to give money (cash) to the people there for free or if there is no emergency. If you want to help, make proper arrangement for assistance (on medical or academic issues). If you start giving money they will come to you endlessly and I will also be affected or criticised for not doing like what you are doing.

May be I will be going to Lower part of Limabng again in middle July. Oh ya, i will send you some of the photos to you later this evening because I will be going to Apoh Tutoh region tommorow.

Thanks

No comments:

Followers

penantongtana