Friday, June 27, 2008

Report on Limbang by Shida. Jun08

Dear All,
Violette, Molly and me went to see the Penan in Rumah sakai.As always there were never enough time .Met Jis students and teachers and they did a great job .Welldone !
I just want to ask if anyone have advice in this matter as I cannot decide myself

1. we normally gave the students 30rm each month for the bus fare.We have 8 students. I just discovered the distance from their place to school is only 2.4 km and there is a safe walking path from their house to the school apart from crossing 2 small roundabout.

The school is situated away from the Limbang town so the traffic is less compared to going to town.In my opinion this students can walks to school. We can buy them umbrella and hat if the afternoon sun is too hot for them.We still get the student sponser but the money can be use for other things like food for them and books and not the bus driver? Please advice!

2.Ida , one of the young mother needs glasses.She ask the optician and it cost 180 rm.She used to wear one but got broken at the rumah sakai .She said without one her eyes will be uncomfortable and watery .Do you think we should help getting her the glasses? We help with school,milk for kids,medical and food and necessarry thing and I need to hear what others said about this.

No comments:

Followers

penantongtana